Deadline for submission extended till 23rd October
Memento Design Competition
DESIGN A UNIQUE MEMENTO THAT EPITOMIZE KDU, ITS VALUES AND TRADITIONS
We are happy to announce an open competition for designing an innovative memento for KDU. This competition is open for all students currently studying in the University.
A memento means a souvenir which is presented for a pleasant remembrance of a person, place, event, occasion or a celebration. The design of the memento should epitomize the KDU’s rich legacy, traditions, its values and objectives.
- The design must be not larger than (Height = 10’, Width = 6”, Depth = 6”)
- Design must incorporate KDU name and the crest.
- You may choose to use any suitable colour.
- It should be appropriate to the reputed status of KDU
- The wording on the memento if any must be from English or Sinhala. A healthy combination of these languages will be appreciated
- The design must not contain any provocative, offensive or inappropriate content. A disciplinary action will be initiated in case of any such mischief.
- The design must be original and not violate any intellectual property rights.
- The design should not have any sharp edges or any such features, which may restrict its carriage in an airplane as a cabin luggage.
- A brief write up not exceeding 200 words on the details and the explanation of various features of the memento is necessary
Send in your designs on or before 18th October 2020 to email@example.com OR hand it over at the International Relations Office, 3rd Floor, FGS building.
Your design must be submitted as JPEG file with a minimum of 300 DPI resolution. Ideally the file size should be less than 25 MB. Shortlisted candidates are required to submit the CDR/PSD/DWG file. No other file types are accepted.
You must also provide following information when submitting your design.
- Your name, Intake, Faculty
- If the design was a group effort, details of all group members
- Contact number and an email address
Evaluation and selection
- All submission received on or before the due date will be catalogued for final selection.
- The team of judges will be announced in due course.
- Evaluation will be done based on the following; concept, artistic being, originality, presentability, photogenic, carriage friendly, displayable and durability.
Recognition of your effort
- The winner and the runner up will be presented with a certificate signed by the Vice Chancellor, in honor of their contribution.
- All qualified participants will receive an e-certificate signed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor. (forwarded by email only).
- KDU holds all rights to select/ reject or cancel any entry.
- No price money will be given to the winning design.
- Anyone failing to fulfil above terms and conditions will be automatically disqualified