Award winners during the past five years
Presidential Awards for Scientific Publications
Several of our members won Presidential Awards for publications in high impact journals in the 2017, at the ceremony held on August 26th, 2019, and oorganized by the National Research Council.
- Dr AD de Silva, Faculty of Medicine – 4 awards
- Dr JMKB Jayasekara, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
KDU Research Team won the NSF Research Award 2018
Prof CL Goonasekara and Lieutenant Colonel (Dr) PH Premaratne from the faculty of Medicine won the NSF Research Award 2018 under the category of Biotechnology for excellence in research for work carried out on the project “Development of vaccine candidate with a broadly reactive neutralizing immune response against dengue”. They secured a research grant worth of Rs 2,440,000.00 National Science Foundation (NSF) of Sri Lanka under Competitive Research Grant Scheme. Dr Mahesha nadugala, carried out this research work for her PhD degree, and the project yielded 3 articles in peer-reviewed index journals, 1 full article in a conference proceeding, 9 communications and 2 national patents. Each year NSF carry out a rigorous assessment of the outcome of all their funded projects in the given year, and for 2018 the above project was the winner. The award ceremony was held on the 18th December 2019 at the BMICH
Best Paper presentation at Conferences
- Ms. WB Senaratne, a Lecturer (Probationary) of the Faculty of Defence & Strategic Studies was awarded the ‘Best Presenter’ award at the Rajarata International Research Conference 2019.
- Dr. Priyamali Jayasekara, a Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine, won the National Stroke Association of Sri Lanka Award for the best free paper on Stroke at the 52nd Anniversary Academic Sessions held on 12th – 14th September 2019.
- • Dr GU Jayaweera, a Lecturer (Probationary) in the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, received an Assembly Education Award for Environmental & Occupational Health & Epidemiology for the Abstract presented at Asia Pacific Society of Respirology – 2019.